Search here

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Perfect Chicken Nachos


Nachos are a fun appetizer, or a perfect first course for a Mexica-themed party or like at our house - the main course! Nachos are easy to customize with a variety of toppings.
These chicken nachos are absolutely delicious - don’t count on having any leftovers!
Really, there are three serious ingredients to consider when creating the perfect plate of nachos and those are chips, cheese, and the toppings.

The Toppings

To prepare the chicken, you can use left over chicken breast, thighs, or use boneless skinless ( really whatever you have on hand - but i like to use white meat again just for the moisture content). I like to also use a combination of jalepeno peppers or chilies, green peppers and red onion and then once out of the oven top with fresh tomatoes.

As you can see, moisture content for me is huge when making nachos. The last thing you want is a soggy nahco without any CRUNCH! Next time you are craving nachos, try this technique.

Ingredients
2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons taco or burrito seasoning
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons mild or hot salsa
3/4 cup sour cream
1 small can/jar chopped green chiles (hot), drained
1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup of chopped green peppers
1/4 cup of chopped red onion
1 bag white corn tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
bowls of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for dipping

Method:

Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a medium saucepan, combine chicken, taco seasoning, water, and salsa over mdium heat. Cook mixture until chicken is heated through and sauce is well-blended.
Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Often times I do this ahead of time just to be ready.
To cook the nachos, I use a pizza stone and I usually preheat the stone for about 15 minutes on 400 degrees. Then I take out the pizza stone with an oven mitt ( cause it will be hot… ) and start to place the nachos on the stone. I try and get the nachos close together but not overlap them. Once placed on the stone, I sprinkle a little cheese over the chips and then place the chicken mixture on( making sure not to place an extra liquid on the chips ). After the chicken, I go with the peppers, chilies, and onions spreading a liberal amount over the chips. Once complete I add the cheese. Another tip I try to follow is not to make the chips disappear with the cheese ( I spread a nice amount but don’t over do it ). If your having a large crowd I tend to make multiple batches because I don’t like to layer the chips due to the soggy possibility.
I then bake them on the middle rack at 400 degrees until cheese is melted through and the chips start to crisp around the edges. I then top with tomatoes, and green onions and serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.

Enjoy!

Furl Ma.gnolia Blinkbits Meneame Simpy Yahoo DiggIt! Del.icio.us Fresqui Reddit Blinklist Netvouz Technorati

A comment would be really helpful for the Author to keep going and Post Better. So, Post a Comment to this topic and Share your Views to It. I really appreciate your Comments

Add a Reply / Comment

No comments:

More related links of this site :-